[sudo-announce] This weekend at the Omni: Saturday Collabazaar and evening haunted house!

Omni Commons omnicommons at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 15:02:23 PDT 2015

Greetings!

Tomorrow at the Omni Commons, we'll be hosting our first of a potentially
bi-monthly pop-up bazaar featuring local artists, artisans and craftmakers.
Stop by anytime between 12-8pm and peruse a phantasmagorical cornucopia of
objects and imbibements to titillate the tongue, warm the belly, inspire
the mind and adorn the body!

The mission of these Collabazaars is to create a sustainable model for
fundraising for the Omni's monthly expenses while simultaneously providing
local makers in our community with income and visibility to support their
continued creative / artistic / crafty / culinary endeavors.

As the sun sets both tonight and tomorrow, the Omni will metamorphize into
a haunted house befitting of its creepy cavernous and labrynthian corners!

Collaborators:
* Francisco Jimenez, Tucan Vinegars: Selling delicious homemade Costa
Rican-style vinegars. Free tastings available!
* Abby Normal Art by Antoinette Gaggero
* Liberation Food Coop: Fair trade, fresh-roasted coffee and a variety of
teas to sample.
* Youth Liberation Zines by STINNEY DISTRO
* Live painting by Nikki Lee Drum (http://www.nikkileedrum.com/
<http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nikkileedrum.com%2F&h=OAQF_W64X&enc=AZNKj52vBoEYcLl0STmITcESO7T8EpunqbEKlF0ZxGhm8NSjAoEdVjtfj9_pMTJqiQA&s=1>
)
* Musical mosaics: Hand-crafted instruments that can be played and used as
unique art pieces.
* Kangs' Necklaces: Wire Wrapped Gems & Stones
* BerrytheMaker selling her household overstock of accumulated treasures,
cheap!
* Sudo Room's 3D printers will be printing out original magnet designs
throughout the day \o/

If you're interested in running a booth (with a percentage of sales going
to the Omni Commons) at future Collabazaars, please contact
collabazaar at omnicommons.org

Facebook Event: https://omnicommons.org/collabazaar

With love,
Collaborators of the Omni Oakland Commons
4799 Shattuck Ave, Oakland

*Our monthly expenses are on the order of $18K/month. Help support the
commons by donating at https://omnicommons.org/donate
<https://omnicommons.org/donate> !*