[sudo-discuss] brain hacking on hawking

Steve Castellotti sc at puzzlebox.info
Sat Aug 3 10:37:29 PDT 2013

Hey all-

     My name is Steve and was involved in several Brain-Computer
Interface (BCI) hacks on McHawking, the wheelchair robot, back when it
lived at Noisebridge:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Brain-Controlled-Wheelchair/
<http://www.instructables.com/id/Brain-Controlled-Wheelchair/>

     About 3-4 of us are banding together over the next several days to
revisit and extend that work. Jake gave a heads up as to its new
location and we're all looking forward to visiting the space (for most
if not all of us it will be our first time there).

     I wanted to reach out and make sure we're going about this the
right way, and of course invite anyone else who interested in either
robotics or BCI to join us and get involved. We look to published
whatever we do as open source and will try to update the Sudo Room wiki
(as my quick search and review of the mailing list archives only turned
up last month's introduction).

     We're still firming up timing but will probably drop by tomorrow
(Sunday) afternoon and play Monday and Tuesday by ear. Feel free to
message me on or off list if anyone is keen.

Cheers!

Steve