[sudo-discuss] on craigslist

hello at sl-co.com hello at sl-co.com
Sun Aug 18 18:21:03 PDT 2013

 From a different mailing list but of likely interest here too, I share
a posting from Craigslist. GO Josh!
   j.

Non-profit auto repair facility needs help

I am an auto mechanic by trade and have been in the industry for over
14 years. I recently moved to Oakland and I am interested in starting a
non-profit auto repair facility or some other form of community based
auto repair. I want to do my part to help the people of oakland and the
community as a whole to get their cars fixed and running properly. This
will help people get and stay employed. It will reduce carbon emission
by keeping cars running properly and more efficiently. And it will
reduce pollution by guaranteeing the proper disposal of toxic chemicals
that may otherwise be disposed of in other ways.

I am in the very beginning of the process and reaching out to any and
everybody that is willing to help, give advice, and/or be involved. I
have all or at least most of the automotive knowledge to run the
business, but I am NOT a business guy. The concept of writing a business
plan is like asking me to design a suspension bridge. It seems
overwhelming and daunting.

I envision several different aspects of this business. I would like to
have a sliding scale that would cater to low income customers. I want to
be a community resource for knowledge about the auto repair industry and
possibly even have classes to teach people about their cars and how to
fix them. I envision hiring young people and teaching them a skill so
that they can become successful. Or possibly hiring felons or other
"non-hirable" members of the community. I also think all profit should
go into a fund to help supplement the lower income customers.

Please help. If you think you have information or know how to get the
ball rolling or want to be apart of the project, please contact me.

Together, let's do our part to get people to work and keep food on
their tables. This city needs us. And either way, who doesn't need an
honest mechanic? I mean really!

Thank you!!!
Josh
614 565 2145