[sudo-discuss] problem/solution

johanna faust female.faust at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 16:07:38 PDT 2013

i have a few thoughts on this, quite.  am brainstorming.  am very
interested in helping to bring about the best of all possible outcomes.

that being said, let me say that i do not think that it is the stuff that
is keeping people away.  perhaps the size of the radio room, but not the
stuff.  i myself find myself being protective more than inviting, because i
love SR so much, and have seen a bit of the world and the depths to which
the social can fall.

*That *being said, i will invite more freely...

but back to the topic.  my thoughts:

i know that the space that there is can be wayyyy better utilized, because
my honey folded space for me at our house, and he is a genius at it.  i
could get into getting that ball in motion -- getting a consultation and a
battle plan together by having him do a walkthrough and then taking notes
---  and submit that to the general Eye.

As far as tickets and recycling, could there also be a way to sticker the
things we would want if they were not others' keepers?  somehow i think
thatt would help if the idea was to liquidate....

also it should be considered having a biweekly or monthly 'yard' sale.
another think i would be willing to help with, even if it was off site,
like at the coliseum.

but mostly i wanted to say that i do not think there is too much stuff
there.  heh heh not by a long shot.....

because a little bird told me that a whole bunch of choice electrical
equipment was going to be coming the SR way....  old school stuff, from the
middle of the last century --  and i didn't realize that, with as little as
you had, you already thought you had too much....  i guess i thought that
being a repository-slash-library was part of the community service of a
hackerspace...

and so i hope i have not gotten any of this too wrong.  certainly i mean no
offense, and welcome the conversation.....

*Be seeing you.*