[sudo-discuss] Dumpster diving opportunity

Patrik D'haeseleer patrikd at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 00:51:06 PDT 2013

Hi all,

Not to add to the clutter at sudoroom, but I'd just like to point out that
the big apartment building in Alameda that I've been living in will be
closing down this weekend, and there might be some goodies to be found for
th eenterprising dumpster diver. There's at least another dozen households
that will need to move out during these last few days, and the recycling
containers around the back are already overflowing.

There's a set of nice filing cabinets sitting near the trash, and one of
the recycling containers seems to have some chairs in it as well. As these
last stragglers move out (I hear they've got all three elevators scheduled
for moving companies from now until Saturday), I would expect a lot more
stuff to appear. Might be worth keeping an eye on...

Marina View Towers, 1100 Pacific Marina,
Alameda<https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Marina+View+Towers,+1100+Pacific+Marina,+Alameda,+CA&hl=en&ll=37.78257,-122.264528&spn=0.006394,0.010042&sll=37.782655,-122.264528&sspn=0.006393,0.010042&hq=Marina+View+Towers,&hnear=1100+Pacific+Marina,+Alameda,+California+94501&t=m&z=17>

Trash and recycling containers are around the back of the building and are
unlocked. There is a security car that does the rounds very sporadically.

Good hunting!

Patrik