[sudo-discuss] anyone able to pick up an x-ray machine from Daly City?

Ryan Bethencourt ryan.bethencourt at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 12:56:57 PST 2013

Thanks Steve, those lead shields are useful in minimizing radiation
exposure in a clinical setting but unfortunately in a hacker space I would
probably classify having an active X-ray source as a hazardous danger. I'm
not against controlled risks but there is a very real risk of inadvertantly
exposing other occupants to X-rays (even accidentally) and that could be a
problem. Similar to some of the biowork that a few of us are hoping to do,
we have to be really careful to ensure Sudo room is a physically safe
enviroment (within reason) for all members, even if that means some things
may not be possible in our shared space and I would feel a little
uncomfortable with an active X-ray source being used (even if I'm in the
other room).

Does anyone have any additional thoughts on this? I'm not an X-ray (or
radiation) expert but I just wanted to chime in around the safety
considerations that I thought might be important for us!

>>> www.linkedin.com/in/bethencourt

--
Ryan Bethencourt

Tel: (415) 794 6463