[sudo-discuss] Reminder: CORE I Class on Thursday from 6:30-9pm!

Jenny Ryan tunabananas at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 15:45:40 PST 2013

Hey sudoers!

This email is to remind y'all that this Thursday, Feb 21st from 6:30-9pm we
will be holding our first CORE (Communities of Oakland Respond to
Emergencies) class at sudo room (which will actually be taking place in the
Public School's room as they're hosting a poetry reading that same
evening).

This is the first in a series of three classes offered by Oakland's First
Responders. This class will cover basics of self-reliance in the event of a
disaster or emergency that could take out power and other essential
infrastructure for up to weeks at a time. The CORE I class teaches students
how to prepare a family disaster plan, reduce common household hazards,
create emergency supply kits, and respond to a number of possible
emergencies, including earthquakes and fires.

To RSVP, please email me directly. The current RSVP list is here:
http://sudoroom.org/wiki/CORE_I_RSVP

\o/
Jenny
http://jennyryan.net