[sudo-discuss] Long live the Exchequer

Anthony Di Franco di.franco at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 12:27:42 PST 2013

After a long period of semi-benign neglect of the weightier aspects of the
Excheqing, I am happy to pass the function on to the eminently qualified
Tommy York. In addition to having drafted a new set of fiscal solvency
sheets for us which look like they will serve us very well, he brings
experience running coop finances and a business degree to the task.

This could not come at a better time, since the regular budget surpluses I
mostly passively functioned over mean that we will very soon be
crowdfunding sudo projects with our surplus income. My day job is now to
write an accounting system for a crowdfunding and community currency
platform with significant conceptual overlap with our own financial
processes, and to the extent I am able contribute this sort of automation
to what we do at sudo room, I will deeply appreciate the guidance and
leadership of someone with a firm handle on the business issues at the core
of things.

As is our ancient sudo custom, after the obligatory series of polite, coy
refusals by Tommy, the Excheqatorial sceptre was dropped and waved in the
prescribed manner, and the information on the accounts was handed over, and
the ritual of assumption is now complete.

Welcome to the future, Tommy!