[sudo-discuss] A random email poll about dues - please respond!

Tommy York tommy.york at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 17:19:02 PST 2013

Hello again,

I have a couple questions for dues-paying members:

1) How have you paid dues in the past? (Cash, check, other? I don't even
know what the options are yet at this moment.)

2) How would you like to pay dues?

I'd love to see an easy, online option for donations up on our website
(maybe this exists, but a quick glance at the website does not reveal
anything, and assuming your average sudoer or outsider isn't going to
search for it) but as I understand it, people may have some thoughts on
what that option would look like, leading me to ask question 3:

3) What are you constraints on option 2? Would you prefer using non-profit
/ cooperative / what have you funding options - or the lack thereof, and
thus check and cash - over for profit funding options?

4) Comments on various means of communication about dues, what's worked,
what hasn't, what you'd like to see.

This is a non-committal, information gathering exercise.

Looking forward to h^3,
Tommy