[sudo-discuss] Citizen Science and the Gonorrhea Eradication Team!

Marc Juul marcjc at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 01:41:54 PDT 2013

The Gonorrhea Eradication Team is a citizen science project launched out of
sudo room:

  http://www.sudoroom.org/wiki/Phage_therapy

We're a small group of hackers and scientists that are trying to crowdfund
our initial lab rental and supplies in order to get the research started.

The goal is, as the name states, to cure Gonorrhea using phage therapy.
This is important since Gonorrhea is becoming increasingly resistant to
existing antibiotics!

Much more info on our crowdfunding campaign website:

  http://www.wepay.com/donations/gonorrhea-eradication-team

Hopefully we'll be able to transition from rented lab space to Counter
Culture Labs ( the upcoming east bay diybio space ) in a few months.

Stay excellent.

--
Marc