[sudo-discuss] This Saturday TIL: July 6: GIT Version Control for Non Coders (Writers, Lawyers, everyone!)

Marina Kukso marina.kukso at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 16:23:47 PDT 2013

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that you are welcome to join us this Saturday (7/6) at 2PM
for Today I Learned: GIT Version Control for Non Coders (Writers, Lawyers,
everyone!)<https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Today_I_Learned#July_6:_GIT_Version_Control_for_Non_Coders_.28Writers.2C_Lawyers.2C_everyone.21.29>
.

What is git anyway? "Git allows a team of people to work together, all
using the same files. And it helps the team cope with the confusion that
tends to happen when multiple people are editing the same files."
[source<http://www.quora.com/What-is-Git-used-for-What-does-it-do-exactly>
]

It is one of the primary ways that coders work together and one of the key
tools in the development of open source software. Although it's mostly used
by coders, it has lots of potential uses for people who don't code and is
very useful for anyone who is learning to code.

We will be learning all about version control and trying it out ourselves!
No prior knowledge is necessary.

See you soon,
Marina