[sudo-discuss] trying to troubleshoot door, but need a multimeter and don't know how to fix our battery-less one

Max Klein isalix at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 13:08:59 PDT 2013

read on if you have a multimeter to lend, or want to understand the door
more:

==so-far==

a wire came off the rpi gpio pinout.

i looked in the code and realized that it is supposed to go to GPIO11,

reattached it but still wasn't working, even though confrimed opendoor.py
was being called

then i shorted past the relay that gpio11 goes to and the door buzzed.

we dont have a multimeter so i can confirm if gpio11 is going high, or the
relay is burned out.

can you help please?