[sudo-discuss] elevator emergency alarm

Jake jake at spaz.org
Fri Jul 26 12:04:52 PDT 2013

now that we've installed a big on/off switch for the elevator upstairs,
which locks out calling it from downstairs, there is no more need to use
the Emergency Stop to lock the elevator.

In order to help with safety and comply with elevator laws, we should
install a loud alarm bell that rings continuously if the emergency stop is
activated.  Since the only time the emergency stop will be used will be
emergencies, this will help save lives by alerting people to the fact that
there is an emergency.

we should also post a sign in the elevator, warning that use of the
emergency stop button for non-emergencies is against elevator law and can
be punished as a misdemeanor with up to one year in Real jail.

the first time someone decides to do it anyway, they will wake up all the
sleeping tenants and get a stern talking-to

its not george anymore is it?

the alterative is, we add a relay to bypass the stop switch long enough to
get the elevator down and open..  problem solved.

come on people, we are hackers!  lets hack our problems!