[sudo-discuss] Clothes/textile printer cleanup

Hol Gaskill hol at gaskill.com
Mon Jul 29 10:31:13 PDT 2013

If any of the 2d printers look like they are beyond functioning or completely obsolete, I can lead a part harvesting session at microcontroller hack night tomorrow!  tons of goodies in there like stepper motors and belts, etc already in functional assemblies, just needing a new direction in life.

also, yay for getting organized!

cheers,
hol

Jul 29, 2013 09:33:34 AM, marina.kukso at gmail.com wrote:
i am in favor of donating all non-functional 2d printers that we don't expect to turn into functional 2d printers.

>On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 9:31 AM, Tracy Jacobs kinetical at comcast.net> wrote:
>

>Also, there should be some misc. sewing supplies, thread and needles, and also coin batteries and battery holders possibly in a foot long rectangular box.  Please don't donate those if they are mixed in with the clothes.

>Tracy
>On Jul 29, 2013, at 9:13 AM, Marina Kukso marina.kukso at gmail.com> wrote:

>hi everyone,
>
>backstory on the clothes: they have been donated over time by different people to be used as raw material for sewing projects. we haven't had a lot of sewing lately (partially due to the fact that many people probably didn't know that we had a sewing machine), but if you are on the verge of beginning a sewing project using these clothes, please let the list know.
>

>a couple more thoughts:
>
>- people donate things to us out of kindness and with the intention that they will be used at sudo. when we do decide to do other things with their donations we should be mindful of their intent. this is just something to keep in mind as we clean up and remove things from the space.
>

>- many of the items in the bins are not actually clothes, but are scraps or cut-up clothes. when donating to salvation army, please ensure that you are only giving them whole, wearable clothes and not scraps.
>

>thanks guys for starting early on cleanup!
>- marina
>

>On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 12:49 AM,  karekareraisu at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>Hey sudoers!

So I compiled our clothes/textiles they can stay or be donated but I though it might be helpful to visualize how much we have. I can help donate them if there are no objections.

The other pile is a stack of 7 printers that were labeled as jam monsters.  Tom helpfully assembled into a standing desk station. While ergonomic we both agree that they may make a better tear down project for sudo kids or  e-recycled.

I don't want to leave these piles here for more then a day because I don't want to clutter the room. If no one has any objections I'll get them squared away by end of day Monday (think midnight).

kerrie

sudo-discuss at lists.sudoroom.org

sudo-discuss at lists.sudoroom.org