[sudo-discuss] this weekend (aug 3-4): sudo room total reorganization!

Hol Gaskill hol at gaskill.com
Mon Jul 29 16:32:59 PDT 2013

I have the following tools at sudo room and will not be around saturday, but will come by sunday:

TOOLS
-tabletop drill press
-angle grinder
-low table w/vise
-2 different milling vises
-oscilloscope (the shitty one)
-hole saw set
-milling bed
-autohacksaw (the strange machine in the elevator walkway)
-lots of clamps
-(had a corded drill that i think got stolen shortly after move-in day)
-chop saw
-digital caliper
-misc shelving/cart

There is some stuff used for microcontroller hack night that I'd like to be able to leave there if it will be secure.  Any word on whether or not things will be left out in the common space overnight saturday or put back in sudo room?

I would also be glad to snatch up some of the weird components sitting around if they're to be jettisoned.  For people that aren't able to visit very frequently, will there be phases like 1) here are photos of all the stuff we pulled out of sudo room, come get stuff that you brought in but would gladly reuptake now that it has been deemed surplus to sudo room, and 2) OK here's all the stuff that nobody claimed in the first few days, free pile mode, and 3) let's donate all the stuff wherever it would be used, and toss the rest???  some of the user-donated and user-lent items are big enough that a few days' notice will be required to make transportation arrangements.  Can we get the ball rolling on the list RE what people want to see removed/kept?

There was an ancient spreadsheet that allowed people to state their preferences as to what equipment they wanted to have access to at sudo room.  Legend has it, that spreadsheet is still lurking somewhere on google drive.  Lots of good activities going on, many possible future directions, many difficult decisions along the way in the evolution of sudo room.

Cheers,
Hol