[sudo-discuss] 2141 Broadway Co-Op?

Eddan Katz eddan at clear.net
Tue Oct 1 14:54:48 PDT 2013

I don't think it makes any sense to lump this into one of george's emotional outbursts.

as we've all been following closely over this list, the equity crowdfunding provision of the Jobs Act, which went into effect last week on Sept. 23, 2013, enables the distribution of shares outside the traditional infrastructure of approved investors. the changes in the future of capital flow routing around wall st. and the rules surrounding investment cannot be underestimated. by opening up the buying of stocks to us regular folks - with capital investment no longer made unaffordable because of the huge cuts taken by investment bank intermediaries and securities regulations fortifying the status quo - the possibilities for raising capital have just exploded.

most interestingly, from my point of view, a collaborative non-hierarchical ownership and management structure becomes feasible in a way that it has never been in economic history.