[sudo-discuss] [Consensus] Event Expectations (incl. Last-Minute / Controversial)

Matthew Senate mattsenate at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 21:05:26 PDT 2013

Hey all, we reached consensus on this tonight:

   - Categories of events we strongly discourage:

   - events not open to the public (already a long established policy)

   - events sponsored by or held by arms manufacturers or defense industry

   - possible other categories if they arise - list acknowledged as
      incomplete

   - There won't be extra infrastructure for vetting events but these
   values will be applied do-o-cratically by the community. To help with this,
   we strongly encourage tags to be used on the mailing list:

   - [event] for events

   - [!] for urgent or potentially controversial things

Additionally, do-ocratically, here are some relevant action items:

   - Phone trees - notification of email only.

   - Calls / Texts you?  - Tom :D

   - Contacts for awesome event collaboration, for feedback on last-minute
   events

   - Timon, Marc, Tom, Matt