[sudo-discuss] I'd like to share with you the idea of my next art project that i'll like activate .

Sergio Racanati utopiaracanati at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 16:42:46 PDT 2013

*Dear All, companions and friends *
I am Sergio , an Italian activist - artist , now in California for an
artist residency program ( a program of artistic research ) .

I'd like to share with you the idea of my next art project that i'll like
activate .
All my artistic research is aimed at highlighting the social, political and
econoniche . The way I work is a participatory approach , I'm interested in
the creative process to include community , political activists, groups '
marginal , local populations.

My porssimo project is aimed at realizing a video store on the city of
Detroit , a city that for several deceni has been the symbol of capitalism,
Fordism and unbridled industrialization .
I'd like to extend the project through this email list .
For the realization of the archive, which will then be placed online will
be well accepted video in any format, any length , any size, any quality
and resolution of images and audio, video, amateur and professional .

Below I attach the statement of my artistic research , the link where you
can find some of my work and do not hesitate to contact me for any
information.
My email is: utopiaracanati at gmail.com

I apologize for my English , but I trust in the understanding of the
content, and you will be very happy to realize this project with all of you
.

*STATEMENT :*
The focus of my work relies on my interest in the social history of man
in relation to the urban  political and architectural environments of human
life.
My work probes into those side-elements forgotten by history while focusing
on
the relationship between urban landscape and man’s societal development,
between history of architecture and man’s political behaviours.
I  explore the consequences of the polarization of human existence between
forms of conformism and integration, between differentiation and
resistance.
I also make remarks on the relationship between individual and collective
memory in contingent history.
My work, which is intimate, albeit not a diary, escapes every narrative
purpose
to  prioritize an analytical perspective meant to build a repository of
cultural
memory to be drawn upon in terms references and examples to be used in a
critical thinking and re-interpretation of present times.
 Sergio Racanati

*LINK:*
http://momaps1.org/studio-visit/artist/sergio-racanati

http://www.arthub.it/?action=artista&ida=13&idart=Sergio+Racanati

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=12&ved=0CHgQFjAL&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.premiolum.it%2F&ei=yv5qUrKYMIa0iwK7sIDwAQ&usg=AFQjCNFhj7nBo7wGI5TBvGBRCjzcRUsv8w&sig2=y9yHR9Y1Na9FtC_4zaF2iQ&bvm=bv.55123115,d.cGE

I waiting to hear from you ,
I extend best wishes
Sergio Racanati