[sudo-discuss] [consensus] Nominations for Board of Directors

Eddan Katz eddank at gmail.com
Sat Oct 26 17:46:08 PDT 2013

Also (a) agriculture; (b) food product; (c) serving food; and (d) serving drinks.

You'll notice that Sound Room has two parts - at 2145 Broadway, there's food and drinks; and at 2147 Broadway is the non-profit Jazz club. It is my understanding
sent from eddan.com

> On Oct 26, 2013, at 5:28 PM, Eddan Katz <eddan at clear.net> wrote:
>
> I'd like to help out with this research - to compare and contrast the different insurance agreements, in regards to terms and conditions.
>
> A sample of groups that include heavy machinery, bio-hacking, kids programs, and eCommerce (products & services) would be the ideal for the essential stuff we'd need to worry about.
>
> It would be very useful to do some kind of mash-up overlapping this comparative chart with the ongoing Oakland zoning conditions research. I know there have been various efforts - does anyone have a sense of where to find this information?
>

> sent from eddan.com
>
>> On Oct 26, 2013, at 4:53 PM, Marc Juul <juul at labitat.dk> wrote:
>>
>> To those of you wondering how much liability you'd be taking on, here's a short summary:
>>
>>   http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/nonprofit-directors-personal-liability-32357.html
>>
>> This assumes that sudo room has liability insurance, which should be top priority as soon we are incorporated (getting liability was a primary motivator for becoming incorporated in the first place.
>>
>> Who wants to take on the task of researching hacker space liability insurance? I suggested contacting a few other California hackerspaces and asking about their insurance policy and pricing and bringing that info to the upcoming weekly meeting.
>>

>>> On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 9:24 AM, David Keenan <dkeenan44 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I missed this meeting and most sudo general due to a public school class at the same time.. not sure if this disqualifies me from weighing in, or if some i nominate have perhaps already precluded/disinclined themselves from being nominated, but i thought I would add my 2c here, (which y'all are also free to totally disregard if course if needs be) -
>>>
>>> Marc (marcjc)
>>> Matt (mattsenate)
>>> Jenny (tunabananas)
>>> Jordan (yardena)