[sudo-discuss] Today - DC v SF: A Clash of Visions for Tech Policy (+ livestream)

Eddan Katz eddan at clear.net
Mon Oct 28 11:48:02 PDT 2013

DC v SF: A Clash of Visions for Tech Policy
	Hosted by Reason, TechFreedom and the Charles Koch Institute
	Monday, October 28, 2013 from 12:00 PM to 1:30 PM (PDT)
	Hyatt Regency, 5 Embarcadero Center, San Francisco, CA 94111

> Event Details
>
> Do our nation’s policymakers and entrepreneurs share the same vision for technological change? Or are they fundamentally in conflict?
>
> What are the real fault lines in technology policy? Are traditional left/right divides breaking down? Where might a divided Congress reach consensus on policy issues crucial to the future of technology, such as privacy, immigration, intellectual property, censorship, Internet freedom, and biotech regulation? Can technology ultimately trump politics?
>
> For answers and more questions, join moderator Declan McCullagh (Chief Political Correspondent for CNET, @declanm), and a panel of technology policy experts: Berin Szoka (President, TechFreedom, @BerinSzoka), Larry Downes (Internet industry analyst and author), and Mike McGeary (Co-Founder and Chief Political Strategist, Engine Advocacy, @mdmcgeary).
>
> The event will be livestreamed and you can follow the conversation on Twitter with #DCvSF.

Livestream available at
http://fora.tv/event/dc_v_sf_a_clash_of_visions_for_tech_policy/livestream