[sudo-discuss] Broke fancy smart phone, arg.

Pete Forsyth peteforsyth at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 14:56:33 PDT 2013

So, today I dropped my fancy smart phone (HTC One S) and smashed the screen
to smithereens. I have almost (almost! but I think not quite) just had it
with the concept of cell phones, almost ready to just figure out how to
plan ahead and make use of my land line and wifi.

But I don't think I'm there -- I just rely too heavily on stuff like Google
Maps and text messaging when I travel or am otherwise out and about.

I thought I'd throw the question out there before I up and buy a new phone.
Does anybody have a 4g, T-Mobile compatible phone they'd recommend…or
perhaps one to sell?

Or… what are some good "I'm sick of dealing with cell phones" hacks these
days?

Pete

p.s. I'm (finally!) out of my TMobile contract and happily so. I am also
done with insurance plans. I want to just buy something free and clear,
something that I can unlock and potentially throw a foreign SIM into in the
future. Even if it means spending more up front. I'm sick of cell carrier
shenanigans and don't want to play their money games if I can avoid it.