[sudo-discuss] Fwd: Save Airbnb in New York

Eddan Katz eddan at clear.net
Wed Oct 30 08:40:19 PDT 2013

For those who have not been following the Airbnb legal troubles, this story has been called "Airbnb vs. New York City: The Defining Fight of the Sharing Economy" (http://skift.com/2013/10/13/airbnb-vs-new-york-city-the-defining-fight-of-the-sharing-economy/; w/ links). I would rather call this version of peer production - collaborative consumption, but do think that the way this goes will be a key turning point. It's not just the hospitality political lobbies that are the problem, it's also the landlords' lobby.