[sudo-discuss] Help us plan a BIG First Friday this week!

Max Klein isalix at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 08:13:57 PDT 2013

On 30 October 2013 21:30, Marc Juul <juul at labitat.dk> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 9:18 PM, Yardena Cohen <yardenack at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Tonight's meeting has morphed enthusiastically into a planning session
>> for this week's first friday / art murmur. In two days, we'll be at
>> the intersection of:
>>
>>    * Halloween / Day of the Dead / All Souls
>>    * Sudoroom's first anniversary of moving into our current space
>>    * Filing our corp papers in Sacramento
>>    * Expanding to new spaces & new ventures
>>
>> So we're going to throw a birthday party for ourselves on Friday
>> night. We're going to bill it as an Art Murmur afterparty from around
>> 7pm to 2am. It will be advertised as having a fundraiser component
>> (donation pitches + raffle), but not as a fundraiser. The promotional
>> materials are being designed right now and we'll have them ready to go
>> viral by tomorrow morning.
>>

> Woo! and may I add: Hoo!
>

>> Here are things we need your help with NOW:
>>
>>    * THINGS TO RAFFLE - things and services
>>

> I will raffle four hours of my time for any biohackery or computerhackery
> work or teaching.

I will raffle 4 hours of 3D object design and printing teaching.

>>    * A/V STUFF - we have an awesome DJ lined up but need equipment
>>

> What do you need?

Faust, PA Systems and a mixer. I also think that Leon's laptop may have
been taken. Is that right Faust? Does he need a CDDJ or turntables?

>>    * CATERING - food/drink
>>    * your input and ideas for this party and all logistics
>>    * invite all your friends
>>    * wear a great costume

Whoever controls the sudoroom facebook account - can we redo the facebook
event with Vian's artwork? Then I will re-share on my timeline.