[sudo-discuss] Earn Money Helping Sudo Room: Write Grants - Get 50%.

Marc Juul juul at labitat.dk
Wed Apr 2 21:56:59 PDT 2014

On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 9:15 PM, Maximilian Klein <isalix at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello at this week's meeting we made a new fundraising strategy, that is
> participatory.
>
> ==Background==
> Last year we won two $4,000 cash grants, and a $2,000 3D printer just by
> being sudo room and filling out forms.
>
> ==New fundraising Idea==
> 1. Any sudoer can fill out, or add to this list of 41 grants to apply for.
> 2. The grant writers for an application will receive a recommendation at a
> sudomeeting to get  50% commission for applying on sudo's behalf.
> 3. We organize on fundraising at lists.sudoroom.org , so sign up there to
> discuss

That might be difficult to accomplish for some grants (we'll have to
look at individual grant's terms and conditions) but if not possible
for a certain grant, maybe we can let the grant-writer spend them on a
sudo room project of their choosing instead? Of course it should be a
project related to the kinds of things that sudo room does and should
be open/free/libre.