[sudo-discuss] Fwd: Helpers needed : Software Carpentry Bootcamp for Women in Science and Engineering

Marina Kukso marina.kukso at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 14:13:42 PDT 2014

FYI!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Katy Huff <katyhuff at gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Apr 5, 2014 at 11:57 AM
Subject: Helpers needed : Software Carpentry Bootcamp for Women in Science
and Engineering
To: pyladiessf at googlegroups.com

Hello PyLadies,
Software Carpentry <http://software-carpentry.org/> is a nonprofit
organization for teaching scientists and researchers how to use computers
more effectively. We teach basic python, databases, version control, and
other skills. I and other female scientists are organizing a large Software
Carpentry workshop running April 14-15 at Lawrence Berkeley National Lab
(just up the hill from UC Berkeley). This one is targeted specifically at
Women in Science and engineering (
http://swcarpentry.github.io/2014-04-14-wise/).

These dates overlap with PyCon, so while we've got the instructors we need,
we're short-handed on
helpers<http://software-carpentry.org/bootcamps/checklists/helpers.html>who
can float the room to answer questions, deal with technical issues,
etc. Mostly, all we can offer in return is a fun time, helping women to
learn to code. There will also be a reception for wine, relaxation, and
mingling.

Would any of you be willing to join us and help? If so, please let me know
and I'll fill in the remaining details off-list.

Thank You,
Katy Huff

--
http://katyhuff.github.com