[sudo-discuss] The Omni is happening - PLEASE REVIEW & DISCUSS!

Patrik D'haeseleer patrikd at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 16:51:26 PDT 2014

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 3:24 PM, Marina Kukso <marina.kukso at gmail.com>wrote:

> does the $1.20/sqft price work out for what every other group has pledged
> and the space they're expecting?

Note that the $1.20/sqft I came up with is simply working backwards from
the $2000 someone stated CCL would be willing to pay in rent, and the size
of the Bocce court. I would not expect that to match the numbers that any
of the other groups have thrown out there, other than by complete
serendipity.

If we come up with a more rational price list, I would expect spaces in the
basement to have a lower $/sqft than the rest, and especially attractive
areas such as the corner bedroom space above the bar, or the owner's
apartment (didn't get to see that one) perhaps a bit more. There should
definitely be some sort of premium for windows vs no windows.

In addition, we'll need to work out something for groups that do not want
dedicated space. There can be different rates there too, based on how
frequently they expect to use how much of the shared space, or with how
many people. Not so we can police how the shared space is being used, but
to have at least some fair way of subdividing that big $12K rent check
we'll all need to pay every month.

Perhaps we can start by calculating how much dedicated space we are likely
to have, and what fraction of the $12K rent should come from groups using
dedicated space vs from their use of the shared space. That also becomes a
policy decision: we can encourage or discourage the use of shared vs
dedicated space by adjusting our fee structure.

Patrik