[sudo-discuss] The Omni is happening - PLEASE REVIEW & DISCUSS!

Patrik D'haeseleer patrikd at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 18:27:08 PDT 2014

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 5:44 PM, David Keenan <dkeenan44 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Both are valid and imbricated metrics

Word of the Day!  :-)

> Measuring the interior pixel lines in your 12ppi drawing of the bocce ball
> court room though in GIMP, I found that the bocce ball court room as
> measured by pixels (816px x 515px) was smaller than was listed the floor
> plan (I am heavily sleep deprived, so y'all correct me if I'm off.)

The scans of the floorplans are likely to have a little distortion. So I
measured all the dimensions that were marked on the floorplan, figured out
the conversion factor for each, checked that there wasn't too much
difference between horizontal and vertical measurements and between each of
the different floors, and then did a weighted sum to come up with the best
overall rescaling. So if some of the measurements in the Bocce Court come
out too low, that's probably because some of the others come out too high
in comparison, and rescaling everything based on the Bocce court alone
would just make things worse.

I think I kept all the dimensions printed on the floorplan where available,
and estimated the rest based on the rescaled pixel size. That's the best I
can do, other than sending someone in with a tape measure.

Should be close enough to come up with a reasonable pricing scheme at
least. But yeah, eventually we should probably send someone to
double-check...

Patrik