[sudo-discuss] Show us your hack-pack's hack-snacks

Marc Juul juul at labitat.dk
Sun Apr 20 09:59:35 PDT 2014

Hackpacks must have hacksnacks.

What kind of emergency snack/meal/drink/tools do you always carry with you
in your hack pack? Mine are:

  Drink:
    Yerba mate (dried tea)
    Yerba mate straw
    5-hour-energy or similar

  No-prep snack:
    Nuts or granola bar

  Meal:
    Instant oatmeal packet
    Ramen packet

  Food-related hygiene:
    Folding toothbrush
    Small toothpaste
    Dental floss (doubles as general purpose string)

  Tools:
    Collapsible silicone cup/bowl
    Filtering water bottle
    Spork
    P-38 can opener
    Knife (in multi-tool)
    zip-lock bags

All of the food/drink items have in common that they don't weigh much and
don't really go bad. We usually buy these items bulk and re-fill missing
item when at home base.

I'm not sure I'm happy about the ramen (so salty) and all of the granola
bars I've tried are so sugary (bleh).

--
marc/juul who is at sudo room and just had his oatmeal