[sudo-discuss] [vision] Sudo Reboot

Marc Juul juul at labitat.dk
Wed Apr 23 14:57:45 PDT 2014

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 1:35 PM, Matthew Senate <mattsenate at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> What does it mean to have a sudo reboot? What do we see? What do we want
> to put our energy and effort towards?
>
> We've come a long way. I'd like to start a thread just hearing what folks
> think about rebooting sudo room.
>
> *If you had a chance to re-write sudo room from scratch, what would would
> you do differently?*
>
> We now have something like this chance.

I'm looking forward to having more space. The new sudo space should should
have a good system for organizing all the items in the space, both a
physical and electronic system. It seems that we may need some better
systems for getting people to clean up after themselves in general as well,
so I would like to help develop these systems. I'd like to see different
areas of sudo space for different types of work, e.g. art hacking, food
hacking, electronics hacking, metal/wood hacking, 3D printing, software,
etc. and I'd like to see us have someone responsible for keeping each area
organized. I'd like for sudo space to have a fridge where drinks and snacks
are sold to members at prices comparable to stores in the area, so that
income can go to sudo space instead (this is a major source of income in
the copenhagen hackerspace). I'm also _really_ looking forward to having
separate rooms with closeable doors so different events don't interrupt
each-other. I would feel much better about running classes if I can be
certain the classes won't be disrupted by other people in the space.

In the new space I think we should take a hard stance against anyone
sleeping in the space or using the space as a living room, and do so _now_.
Before it becomes a problem. I also want to encourage us to have members
who clean the space as their membership fee, and I think we should set up a
simple system for tracking these cleanings (could just be a wiki page).

--
marc/juul