[sudo-discuss] proposed costs-sharing spreadsheet for the omni collective

Jake jake at spaz.org
Fri Apr 25 17:13:14 PDT 2014

I think it would be even better if someone could color in the charts,
map-style so that each room was a different color, and then use gimp or
photoshop or whatever to actually measure the amount of square footage of
each "region", and then that data could go in the spreadsheet.

the more complete and accurate this mapping is, the more easily we will be
able to dynamically and fairly allocate space to whatever groups need it.
For example, a sudoroom member might need a closet somewhere for stuff and
be willing to pay for the space, and the Omni collective might want to
"rent" some random utility closet to them for that purpose.  Having the
ability to tick a box in a spreadsheet to section off that utility room
(and automatically calculate its fair rental price) would be very useful.

here's a colored map of the USA, for reference:
http://i.imgur.com/GM0v1qm.png