[sudo-discuss] Fwd: Price calculations

Matthew Senate mattsenate at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 15:33:05 PDT 2014

The reason to charge a membership fee is to allow for membership in the
omni collective that is not dependent on private and common space access,
but is still constituted by stakeholdership in paying some nominal amount.
I justified this baseline in terms of the historical and political context
of membership-organizing (e.g. labor unions and voluntary associations).

Patrik, in this reduced income model, for instance, we aren't covering any
of the additional overhead costs including insurance, operating supplies
(e.g. toilet paper), maintenance (anything not covered by the lease,
sweeping/mopping, etc), and other expenses.

We haven't added utilities on top of all this as well. That could be
covered by a "Utilities fee" based on usage or proportion, etc.

I'm merely suggesting that the model of using multiple fees is going to
prove useful. The bulk of rent, of course, could be covered by your
proposal.