[sudo-discuss] Head for the hills

Ed Biow biow at riseup.net
Sat Aug 9 15:43:29 PDT 2014

Greetings comrades, cronies, & contemporaries,

As I may have intimated, I'm spending the moeity of the month of August
canoe camping on our favorite lake in the Sierras, Utica Reservoir.
<http://www.ebiow.yasashi.net/images/UTICA/>  It is really lovely here,
about 3.5 hours from Oakland at about 7,000 feet, great swimming and
hiking, and since this is dispersed camping, you don't have to pay fees,
listen to generators or suck SUV fumes.  Anywho, I schlepped along a
metric buttload of extra gear, so if you feel so inclined, please come
on up.  I have 3 extra tents, 5 sleeping bags, pads, plates, utensils,
stoves, tables, chairs, cooking gear, the whole magila, so you only need
to bring your clothes and any food you might want to consume (I'll have
plenty of rice and beans, but few other goodies). I'll be here until
August 30th because I have a funeral in Watsonville on the 31st.

    August 2014
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
                1  2
 3  4  5  6  7  8  9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
31

The problem is where I'm camping is not immediately obvious if you
haven't been here before (which many of you have).  I'm at Point Edmund,
to those who have been here, our favorite spot.  And even many of you
who have been here do not remember the specific directions well.  So
best is if you can hook up with my first wife Kathy, who is coming up
Friday the 15th at about 1 PM and Thursday the 21st at roughly 5:30 PM.
She'll be returning Sundays.  She has room for 1 or 2 extra folks on the
15th & maybe 1 on the 21st, but you can caravan with her and she can
lead folks to the spot.  You can call her on her cell phone at
510-326-9328 or try our home phone at 510-763-0591.  Or you can try to
hook up with one of the people who has been here before and of course,
if you know the way, feel free to come by whenever you want.

If there is enough interest I might also go back to the hills in
mid-September for a stretch, about the same time as the infamous Occupy
Utica <http://www.ebiow.yasashi.net/videos/OccupyUticaLake_2013.avi>
escapade last year.

The hopes of the free (or at least the very cheap) world go with you,

Ed

PS: I don't have internet up here and will only be scanning my email
periodically from a nearby internet cafe.  Those of you with deep
pockets and ATT phone service can get reception here.  Kathleen is not
an internet afficiando.  Her schedule is fairly rigid, so if you wish to
join her you should be at Slothaven on time.