[sudo-discuss] Cat6 Donation, should I take it?

Somebody somebody at riseup.net
Sun Aug 10 17:06:06 PDT 2014

The network cable saga continues. Yes, it does. Its tiresome at times. :)

Hello All,

The two boxes of donated cable are  a bit quite confusing, at least for
me. :)
I am not sure if they are really CAT6 or simply CAT5e; regardless than
it claims to be a "GigaSPEED" cable.
I attached an image of their label so you can see what I am mean.

Anyhow... I am taking the task of setting up the two donated CAT5e patch
panels between the Switch Rack to Server Rack. Hopefully it will be done
this evening.

And just you know, it won't hurt my feelings if it is decided that this
cable sucks. We can always remove it, and install something that we
really know what it is.

Thx!