[sudo-discuss] Drill press and clamps

Torrie Fischer tdfischer at hackerbots.net
Sun Aug 10 19:05:39 PDT 2014

Hi, sudo

Earlier today I was trying to use the drill press to create a hobbed bolt for
Noisebridge's prusa. In the process, I broke a 5" cast-iron C-clamp that was
holding the vice to the table and I also could not locate the chuck key.

I am ordering a replacement 6" steel C-clamp, a universal chuck key, and an
assortment of heat shrink tubing from McMaster later this week. They should be
available at Sudo room by Monday at the latest, maybe earlier if they deliver
on Saturday. Same day shipping FTW!

If there are other things that are needed in the machine shop, please let me
know and I'll throw it in with my order.