[sudo-discuss] electrician to install outlets

Jake jake at spaz.org
Tue Aug 12 13:51:26 PDT 2014

I contacted an electrician who did work at my workplace a while ago, and
asked about our situation (specifically at sudoroom)

he charges $45 per hour and can provide a proper invoice, however he is
not a "C10" certifiable electrician.  But the work he would do would
satisfy a C10 (such as the one he knows) if we were to hire one to "sign
off" on stuff.

Unless someone on one of these lists has a conduit bender and enjoys
running pipe and installing outlets (while following all obscure rules), I
think we should hire Taylor to install outlets in sudoroom (and wherever
else they are needed)

I volunteered to be his helper, working (and managing other volunteers) to
help the job go as quickly as possible, thus saving money and his time.

But I would need approval from whatever group would be paying for his
labor, and the materials that we will need to do the job.

my guess is that the job will cost $400 including materials, but i have
never done a job like this before so it is only a guess.  My notes are
here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Fgw5himtlmemiXReP-fG6rP-I2RoXsSP_MAZxcNUUm0/edit?usp=sharing

thank you
-jake