[sudo-discuss] Electrical stages proposed

Jake jake at spaz.org
Tue Aug 19 11:27:24 PDT 2014

I agree except that i think the overhead power should happen before the
robot service.

The robot can be disconnected during the fire inspection if we don't have
its run done yet.  Anyway I think the overhead power will be the most
time-consuming, and i don't even know yet how it's supposed to be done.

As for robot power requirements, yes a 30-amp double-breaker (like the one
it's connected to now) will be fine.  It should get red and black wires
for the 240v, and a white wire for neutral and a green wire for ground.

we can worry about other needs later, for now we just need to eliminate
use of extension cords.

It's true that almost none of the breakers in the balcony box are
connected to anything.  So we can just use those breakers, plus we can get
more from Urban Ore for cheap.

* do not confuse 240v double-breakers with "duplex breakers" which give
twice the circuits in the same space, but are not usable for 240v circuits
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Eaton-15-Amp-1-in-Duplex-Double-Pole-Type-BR-Replacement-Circuit-Breaker-BR1515/100121768

thanks so much for doing this Whitney!  please let me know when I should
bring Fish Tape and the sawzall.

-jake