[sudo-discuss] Network Changes

Jake jake at spaz.org
Sat Aug 23 15:53:21 PDT 2014

thanks for doing all that work!

one thing:  the DSL modem would be better off as close to where the
telephone line comes into the building as possible.  There is bandwidth
loss with distance from the telco, especially in an electrically noisy
environment like inside omni and next to ethernet cables.

conversely, there is no "loss" over ethernet (it either works or it
doesn't, mostly) so it's better to put the DSL modem where it works best
and run ethernet to it.

also, for documentation perhaps some written info on a notebook tied to
the server rack?  i think it might be foolish to put everything on a wiki
on the net :)

-jake