[sudo-discuss] filming a lenovo commercial at sudoroom

Marc Juul juul at labitat.dk
Mon Aug 25 01:54:40 PDT 2014

On Sun, Aug 24, 2014 at 8:31 PM, Jake <jake at spaz.org> wrote:

> i will ask about the free culture lisence, can you give me a link to a
> specific example?  I assume it only refers to the footage filmed at sudo.

Yes. Not sure where the text is, but CC BY 3.0 and CC BY-SA 3.0 are both
free culture licenses.

> as for feeling bad about it, he will be paying money which sudoroom will
> get, and i will also ask for a pallet of lenovo laptops (they don't have to
> be brand new or in the box) and whatever other bribes.  besides feeling bad
> are you objecting in a way that i need to say no?  or standing aside?
>
> considering he'll be using "3 to 8 seconds" of footage and giving us
> around $400 i think it's a good deal.

I disagree. I think this is playing into corporate co-optation of what
we're doing and even if we wasn't $400 is still a shitty deal. I really
really don't want to see sudo room used for a commercial for a big tech
company. I don't care how much money we're getting. This is bad

--
marc/juul