[sudo-discuss] [bayareahackerspaces-discuss] [Proposal] 2014 BACH Unconference on Oct 18-19 at The Omni (Oakland)

Matthew Senate mattsenate at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 18:01:58 PDT 2014

Hey all,

Okay, so I have a tough question to ask!!!

Here's The Omni's calendar http://wiki.omni-oakland.org/w/Calendar

We *can *host the event on Oct 25-26, BUT we'll have to coordinate with a
concurrent event:
http://wiki.omni-oakland.org/w/Event:2014/10/24_Alette_in_Oakland They
expect 100-150 people mainly in the ballroom (
http://wiki.omni-oakland.org/w/File:Omni_full_floorplan_NS.svg).

I'd anticipate a BACH Unconference maybe getting close to the 100+ mark
only with a great turnout, but probably closer to ~50 with rolling
attendees (folks leaving and new folks arriving) for this first-time event.
Either number of people would fit in the basement + sudo room's space (see
same floorplan above).

Here are the *Alette in Oakland* (concurrent event) details:
Fri Oct 24: 7-10pm
Sat Oct 25: 10am-10pm
Sun Oct 26: 11am-3pm

We're not sure if there will be sound issues between the ballroom and
basement, but we can try to find out beforehand. I don't think it will be
too big of an issue if we're not using amplified sound.

Alternatively, we can pick an earlier date with more flexibility of
location and concurrency

Oct 4-5 has:
http://wiki.omni-oakland.org/w/Event:2014/10/04_Anne%27s_White_Glove_rehearsals
Oct 11-12 has: