[sudo-discuss] [BAPS-Organizing] Re: [omni-discuss] Catalyst Project Hosting a forum on Black Organizing in Omni Ballroom Dec. 14 or Dec. 16th

Jenny Ryan tunabananas at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 17:27:30 PST 2014

On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 5:12 PM, niki <niki.shelley at gmail.com> wrote:

> Jenny,
>
> I think I figured it out - I was going to this address:
>
> https://omnicommons.org/occupy/wordpress/
>
> But see that I am able to add events at this address:
>
> https://omnicommons.org/calendar/wordpress/
>
> There are pending events at /occupy that I am unable to publish. It seems
> they need to be manually entered into /calendar - is this correct?

When you log in to /occupy/, go to Events and then select 'Pending' to see
what's still pending. Click the event name, and on the right hand sidebar
you'll see a blue 'Publish' button - after you've fact-checked the event
and assigned an 'Author' / bottom-liner, press Publish and the event will
be automagically added to the global calendar. It can take up to 20 hours
for the /calendar/ to pull the updated feed.

tl;dr - just publish from /occupy/, don't manually add to /calendar/!

> Also - can someone tell me how to make an event recurring? I can't figure
> that one out (I'm sure it's something simple).

In the /calendar/, go to Events -> Recurring Events -> Add New Recurring
Event

> Lastly - it seems like BAPS events aren't getting pulled to the global
> calendar - I know Lynice's new class has been on the BAPS calendar for
> awhile but it's not on the global calendar while her old class still is.

I will check that the feed is getting updated properly. If you want to
manually update the feed, go to Events -> ESS Feed -> Syndication and click
the button with the blue arrow next to the feed you want to update. Best
not to do this too often, as it sometimes messes with the feed (eg adding
two instances of the same event).