[sudo-discuss] [omni-discuss] holy shit! Erik Strals' 3D scans of ballroom & Sudo Room!

Eriks Strals eriks at immersio.co
Mon Dec 8 14:03:26 PST 2014

Hello everyone!
Here's a link to the .obj's on box.com (ballroom and :
https://app.box.com/s/rtc43pit4qx5ohnptd0k

Anyone with the link should be able to access the files.

What I do is I open the files using MeshLab (open source mesh editor). If
you download that program, then all you have to do is drag in the .obj file
into meshlab and it should open up (once the file has been exported). You
could then export the mesh from there into a lot of other formats.
When it comes to dealing with 3d meshes (point clouds of sort) there is one
trick I know to help using the file in other 3d modeling programs (like
maya).
That is:
Once the file is in mesh lab, export the mesh as a .dae file (Collada file
format). That file type seems to better hold the texture data between
programs better and is easier to import into programs like Unity3D and
possibly revit (though I haven't used revit before).

That's all folks! I hope you make good use of the scan data I gave you :).

ᐧ

Eriks Strals
Immersio <http://immers.io> - Founder and CEO
M: (303) 817-1375