[sudo-discuss] Sunday's Ferguson Response Catalyst Project event - call for help!

Stephen Novotny novotny.stephen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 11:30:10 PST 2014

Dear all,

What will the Omni do in response and in support of the BlackLivesMatter
movement? I've had a few conversations around this question the over the
last couple weeks and I imagine others have as well.

This coming Sunday (Dec. 14th), we'll be hosting Catalyst Project
<http://collectiveliberation.org/> in the Ballroom for an event titled
"Black Liberation and White Anti-Racism in the Time of Ferguson." They've
sent out an invite
<http://us1.campaign-archive1.com/?u=2867d847f3&id=072f757718> to the
public and through their own networks, which has been viewed by more than
23,000 people. Over the past week I've met people who've been receiving
flyers to the event during the marches through Berkeley and Oakland, which
leads me to believe there will be *a lot* of people here, a lot of *new* people
from our wider community.

I'm helping to bottom-line this event and could really use your help!

include your phone # (if you feel comfortable, send privately, etc.) as I
want to be certain we are able to generously host all the folks in our
community who will be coming to our space to respond to recent events

2. They'd like amplified sound and I'm not 100% certain what our current
situation is - where is our sound system? do we have one adequate for this
event? and can someone volunteer to run sound?

3. What has been the latest count of chairs at the Omni? do we need to get
more chairs?

with love
st