[sudo-discuss] bookscanner cameras

Jake jake at spaz.org
Wed Dec 10 22:37:09 PST 2014

I have acquired two Canon SD600 digital cameras for a bookscanner for
sudoroom.

these cameras are good for a bookscanner because they can run chdk and
thus be set to operate very cooperatively with a bookscanner.  plus they
are good cameras.

the reason there are two is because a good bookscanner photographs both
left and right pages at the same time.  The user flips the page, lowers
the glass panels (which flatten the pages) and presses a single shutter
button.

if anyone here wants to make a bookscanner, and someone is willing to
bottomline the project (not me) i will hand over the cameras.

-jake