[sudo-discuss] cut down on the # of outside chairs?

David Keenan dkeenan44 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 13:34:49 PST 2014

Hi,

I've been going back and forth with the BID regarding a lotta things
(prompted by the massive hike in our BID tax) and the external appearance
of the building believe it or not is a big issue with regards a perception
of how neighbor-friendly we are.

Great strides have been made visavis debris and garbage ending up outside,
and that is great. However, the newly-longer line of chairs chained up
outside the building, while useful of course, frankly is starting to look
too janky and an eyesore at this point.

In order to improve somewhat the outside appearance of our building and the
perception of neighbors, I would like to cut down on the number of outside
chairs. Basically, I think we should remove all but the bench and the
bare-metal chairs. IE, I think all the new white chairs should be removed.
It's just too much.

In addition, by the way, technically we do not have permission from the
city to put any seating outside. I've looked at our property line and its
not clear actually that it extends a few feet from the building. Even if it
did, there is an easement with the city's sidewalk that means they have
control over it.

I appreciate the doocratic effort to provide more outside seating, but can
we please remove these extra white chairs? Its overkill imo.

Thank yoooo