[sudo-discuss] [omni-discuss] Looks like today's the day ...

Jenny Ryan tunabananas at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 15:51:16 PST 2014

...annnnnd we just hit $18K!
Goal for today is 21K, then we double the full $10K and it goes up to 31K!

Also retweets from:
Occupy Oakland (41K followers)
Alexis Madrigal (166K followers)

Marina had great suggestions for targeting tweets:
* Tweet @ accounts you want to retweet it
* Tailor message to what appeals to the person/org
* She's gotten good responses when using the terms "commons" and
"collective of collectives"

Sample tweet:
Crowdsource a commons in #oakland! All donations today are matched! Take
a tour at http://omnicommons.org/donate @SOMEBIGWIG @ETC

On 12/23/2014 02:59 PM, Laura Turiano wrote:
> Cory Doctorow! Cool!
> On 12/23/14, 1:30 PM, yar wrote:
>> Our crowdfunding campaign is catching a lot of wind today. We passed
>> $16k, 20%, and just got retweeted by:
>>
>> Oaklandish (21.9K followers)
>> Shareable (22.3K)
>> Cory Doctorow (349K)
>>
>> ... in that order. A lot of people are watching us in the next minutes
>> to hours. These are precious moments! Let's see how much we can do by
>> tonight!
>>
>> https://omnicommons.org/donate

Jenny
http://jennyryan.net