[sudo-discuss] [Important] Membership Update Needed

Jenny Ryan tunabananas at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 18:31:31 PST 2014

Hi sudo!

We've been in the process of more clearly defining membership, which will
in turn help to clarify our monthly income as well as access issues.

*If you consider yourself to be a current member of Sudo Room, please email
me the following details:*
*Name (can be pseudonymous)
*Contact Email
*Monthly contribution [as per the new $10 minimum
amendment<https://sudoroom.org/wiki/Articles_of_Association#Sub-Section_3.4.3_Dues>
]
*Form of payment [cash, check, Gittip, WePay]
*Optional: Core project(s) / group(s) you're working on / with.

I'm setting up a SeltzerCRM instance to track door access codes and
donations and remind members to pay if they're past due.

Once we have you as a registered, dues-paying member in the system, the
next step will be assigning access codes.

*Sudo Room remains, as always, open to anyone to drop in so long as a
member is present! Becoming a member means you get your own keycode and the
ability to vote on consensus items.*

For those unable to pay the $10 minimum, please propose a worktrade
alternative. We've recently added a New Members component to the weekly
meeting agenda, so we can acknowledge new members and work out the details
of their contributions then. I'm going to propose that once a month during
this section, we go through work/trade memberships and check that a given
project/task has been happening as proposed. Work/trade tasks might include:
* Holding a regular class or workshop (eg; 3D Tuesdays, Today We Learned)
* Maintaining infrastructure (such as the door rpi, the network, web
presence)
* Cleaning (especially the common space kitchen, floor and furniture)
* Organizing the Room of Stuff
* Writing blog posts (kudos to Romy, who's been super prolific this year
already!)
* Think of anything that would positively contribute to the space and/or
community!

Cheers,
/jnny