[sudo-discuss] [Important] Membership Update Needed

Pete Forsyth peteforsyth at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 13:52:04 PST 2014

On Sun, Feb 9, 2014 at 6:37 PM, eddan.com <eddan at sudoroom.tv> wrote:

> Is there a way to confirm our membership at Sudo Room without sending a
> bunch of personal information directly and only to Jenny Ryan?

Yes, there seem to be several options supporting anonymity built into the
request Jenny sent. I don't see either a requirement to divulge personal
information, or anything to suggest that reasonable suggestions for
improving the proposal (described as "in process") would be unwelcome.

On the other hand, why *would* it be a problem, even if non-anonymous and
inflexible? The information requested appears to me to relate directly to:
how do we get in touch with you, and what is your contribution. I don't see
why you describe this as "a bunch" of information -- these seem like vital
pieces of information for an organization trying to build a responsible
approach to membership, and to managing its finances. Jenny is a properly
elected board member, no? [1] So it seems normal to me that she should
gather information like that and put it to worthwhile use, unless her
fellow board members are not supporting this approach. (Is this the case??)

Why not just send the requested info to Jenny?

Pete
[[User:Peteforsyth]]

[1]
https://lists.sudoroom.org/pipermail/sudo-discuss/2013-November/004655.html