[sudo-discuss] Does the sudoroom still have occasional events to fix electronics?

Ed Biow biow at riseup.net
Mon Feb 10 23:34:46 PST 2014

I didn't see one on the calendar, but seem to recall seeing something
like that in the past.

A few months ago I laid out $180 to but something called a Ion
Blockrocker Bluetooth to have a portable amplifier/speaker/microphone
thingie for events.  It was more or less adequate, but shortly after I
got it the 3.5mm IN jack became unseated and now it doesn't make an
adequate connection.  I can still access the device by bluetooth, but
not every device has bluetooth and bluetooth can be a bit finicky during
an event, as we found out at the Anti-DAC event last Tuesday..  It looks
like it has screws so disassembling it would probably be easy, but I
have about as much dexterity in my fingers as most folks have in their
toes and am not sure I would be able to figure out how to re-seat the
little audio-in aperture.  I guess I could RMA the thing, but it is big,
it would probably cost me $40 to send it back.
http://www.ionaudio.com/products/details/blockrockerbluetooth

Anyway, if anyone feels like having a crack at it, I'd be happy to
schlep it to the room.

Ed