[sudo-discuss] Reminder: DIY Molecular Cloning

Craig Rouskey craigrouskey at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 14:22:50 PST 2014

Hello Sudoers!
Come Plerk (play + werk!) it out in the DIY Molecular Cloning Class tonight
at SudoRoom (6:30p-8p -at the latest).

 Throughout the course of the entire class we will be isolating genes from
the banana genome, cloning them into expression vectors and purifying
protein our banana proteins. It's a multi-month process that is going to be
great!

Tonight (class 2) we will be covering the following:
(1) DNA discussion review
(2) performing DNA extractions from banana and discussing the chemical
processes happening at each step
(3) Digesting our DNA with DNAse enzyme (community sourced :-) ),
(4) Analyzing our samples on Agarose gel
(5) Visualizing our cut DNA.

For those of you who are interested in getting some wet lab experience,
come on out. It's going to be fun!

See you tonight.

Craig