[sudo-discuss] Music show 2/28

Scott Olsen scott at scottolsen.org
Tue Feb 18 14:38:45 PST 2014

I talked about this a bit at last week's meeting. I am putting together
a music show featuring Sole, Pat the Bunny, 40 Thieves/Eddie Falcon, and
The Last Barfighter. Sole and Pat are coming in for a couple days in
Denver and they asked me to try to find a venue . They preferred not to
have it at a traditional venue (bar), they want it to be all-ages, able
to have at least 100 people.

Elliot from the Hot Mess is working on this with me. We were going to
have this at the RCA, but they are not trying to have any events there
now. Elliot says he talked to somebody from Sudo, and now our priority
is to be able to confirm a date.

At the meeting, you told me to email your landlord. I can do this, but I
feel like it might be better if it came from someone who has a
relationship with the landlord. We can have a small crew available for
ticketing, emcee, security (if needed), cleanup.

Here is a summary of what is being planned for:
Music show from 8pm to no later than midnight (likely 11pm) with four
artists (two local).
$5-10 tickets (no one turned away for lack of funds)
All ages
BYOB
Expecting about 100 for audience.

It would be great if someone could ask your landlord about this.. I can
compose a letter or your can. Or if you think it would be OK, I can
email a letter myself, but I would need the contact information.

Thank you, I hope this works out. Please email me with any questions,
comments, concerns.

--
Scott Olsen

Use PGP/GPG for communication security